GET THE APP

Correlation of Periapical Lesions among Diabetic vs. Non Diabetic Patients | Abstract

Journal of Research in Medical and Dental Science
eISSN No. 2347-2367 pISSN No. 2347-2545

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Correlation of Periapical Lesions among Diabetic vs. Non Diabetic Patients

Author(s): Jagadheeswari Ramamoorthy and Mahalakshmi J*

Abstract

Aim: To study the correlation of periapical lesions among Diabetic vs. Non diabetic patients Introduction: Periapical lesions are among the most frequently occurring pathological lesions of the alveolar bone. They occur in relation to the tissues around the apex of a tooth root, the periodontal membrane and the alveolar bone. They are usually the sequelae of pulpal inflammation or necrosis with inflammatory mediators spreading through the apical foramen to initiate a periapical lesion. Materials and method: The data of periapical lesions in Diabetic and Non diabetic patients was retrieved from Dental Information Archiving Software. The sample size was found to be 51. The collected data was tabulated in Excel and analysed with the help of SPSS version 23.0. The statistical tests used were Chi square and correlation analysis. The p value <0.05 was considered statistically significant. Results: Among the total number of patients with periapical lesions, 30% of them were diabetic and the remaining 70% of them were non diabetic. The association between Diabetic status of patients with periapical lesions and the gender of the patients was significant. Conclusion: The percentage of patients with periapical lesions as well as Diabetes was significant. Diabetic male patients had a higher prevalence of periapical lesions than females. The association between Diabetic status of patients with periapical lesions and the gender of the patients was found to be significant.

Share this article

cappadocia tours
cappadocia hotels
cappadocia balloon flights

paper.io

agar io

wormax io