Deepthi Ashok

Department of Radiodiagnosis, Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, India


  • Research   
    Role of Sonoelastography in Differentiating Malignant and Benign Lesions of the Breast
    Author(s): Deepthi Ashok and P Naveen*

    Maximum of the study participants were in the age group of 31-40 years (37.8%). The mean age of the study participants was observed to be 35.2 ± 11.9 years. Maximum of the study participants lesions had circumscribed margin (48.9%) followed by sipculated (22.2%), indistinct (11.1%) and angular (11.1%). Round is the most common shape of the lesions (35.6%) followed by irregular (31.1%) and oval shape (24.4%). Sixty percent of the lesions had parallel orientation while the rest 40% of the lesions had anti-parallel orientation. Majority of the lesions had echogenic halo boundary (62.2%) while the rest had abrupt interface boundary (37.8%). Fibroadenoma (53.3%) is the most common histopathological findings among the study participants followed by ductal carcinoma in situ (13.3) and intralobular carcinoma (11.1%). The specificity and sensitivity of VTI score between 4 and 5 is 6.90%.. Read More»

    Abstract HTML PDF