GET THE APP

The Effect of Adding Nano SiO2 in Combination with Al2O3 and MgO Materials to Microwave Acrylic Resin Denture Base Material on Surface Roughness | Abstract

Journal of Research in Medical and Dental Science
eISSN No. 2347-2367 pISSN No. 2347-2545

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

The Effect of Adding Nano SiO2 in Combination with Al2O3 and MgO Materials to Microwave Acrylic Resin Denture Base Material on Surface Roughness

Author(s): Mahdi Yaser AL-Hussaini and Layla Mousa Aoda*

Abstract

short comings. Lengthy polymerization time being one of them and in order to overcome this fact microwave curing method was recommended. The aim of this study to evaluate the effect of adding nano SiO2 in combination with AL2O3 and MgO materials to micro wave acrylic resin denture base material on surface roughness test. Material and method: seventy (70) specimens were prepared to be used in this study, the specimens were divided into (7) groups and each groups have (10) specimens Group A=Specimens without reinforcement materials (control group). Group B=Specimens with 1% SiO2 reinforcement materials. Group C=Specimens with 2% SiO2 reinforcement materials Group D=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (0.5%)+AL2O3 (0.5%)] reinforcement materials. Group E=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (0.5%)+MgO (0.5%)] reinforcement materials. Group F=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (1%)+AL2O3 (1%)] reinforcement materials. Group G=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (1%)+MgO (1%)] reinforcement materials. And AFM used to evaluate the surface topography of new material after adding reinforcement materials. Result: Statistical analysis was carried out using One-way ANOVA and LSD. The result of the current study displayed that the highly significant for surface roughness value was observed in all experimental groups (C, D, E, F and G) except group (B) was Non - significant when compared with control group (A). Conclusion: Within limitation of the present study, it can be concluded that increase surface roughness after adding reinforced materials.

Share this article

cappadocia tours
cappadocia hotels
cappadocia balloon flights

paper.io

agar io

wormax io