Layla Mousa Aoda

2Middle Technical University, College of health and Medical Technologies, Baghdad, Iraq


  • Research   
    The Effect of Adding Nano SiO2 in Combination with Al2O3 and MgO Materials to Microwave Acrylic Resin Denture Base Material on Surface Roughness
    Author(s): Mahdi Yaser AL-Hussaini and Layla Mousa Aoda*

    short comings. Lengthy polymerization time being one of them and in order to overcome this fact microwave curing method was recommended. The aim of this study to evaluate the effect of adding nano SiO2 in combination with AL2O3 and MgO materials to micro wave acrylic resin denture base material on surface roughness test. Material and method: seventy (70) specimens were prepared to be used in this study, the specimens were divided into (7) groups and each groups have (10) specimens Group A=Specimens without reinforcement materials (control group). Group B=Specimens with 1% SiO2 reinforcement materials. Group C=Specimens with 2% SiO2 reinforcement materials Group D=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (0.5%)+AL2O3 (0.5%)] reinforcement materials. Group E=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (0.5%)+MgO (0.5%)] reinforcement materials. Group F=Specimens with combination [SiO2 (1%)+AL2O3 (1%)] rei.. Read More»

    Abstract HTML PDF